Monday, September 10, 2012

Love, Kindness, and the Importance of Saying Thanks

Hello Monday.:)

Today I hugged my boys extra tightly, and I made sure I told my husband I loved him before he rolled out to work. I wrote three over-due thank you notes (we Southerners aren't afraid to write thank-you's for just about anything!:D) and sent a thank you email to someone who did something that touched my heart.

And maybe, just maybe, I touched theirs.

The thing is, it's easy to be rushed. To go through your day on a tear, racing from one activity to another without enjoying the ride. But as the old saying goes, life isn't a destination, it's a way of traveling. And the journey is a lot nicer when you take the time to thank those who make the trip more fun.:)  Because in the end, it's all about the people.

As a writer, so many people reach out to you--family, friends, crit partners, Tweet-hearts, blog commenters, agents, editors, readers, etc. Being a writer is solitary enough; don't forget to thank those who step out (and step up) to help you. And when you have a chance to share the writer love and give back, do it. Then someone will be thanking you.:)

So writers, anyone need a fresh set of eyes on your query? Query crit contest opens tomorrow.:)  First three entries will get my feedback.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment