Friday, July 13, 2012

First Friday

My first blog post! It feels epic--and yet it's not. :)

I've been writing seriously for years, but never blogged. Instead, over this time, I've followed many. Sometimes I've commented, more often I've lurked. But regardless of whether I commented or not, I've been incredibly grateful for all the encouragement, inspiration, and support I've received from the YA writing community as I pursued my writing dreams. I couldn't have made it this far without y'all. :) I've said many thank-you's on Twitter, but lately I've wished for more than 140 characters to share and give back, so . . .

Voila! This blog.

First up? On Monday, I'll be talking about how I found Jennifer, my amazing agent. I decided to make this topic my first Monday post because when I was in the agent hunt, I loved reading about how writers found theirs. Each story was different, but each gave me hope. Hope that if I didn't quit, that one day an agent would say YES. And for me, a huge part of that hope was the uniqueness of each writer's road. Each writer's gifts are unique, and so is their writing journey. On Monday I'll share part of mine. :)

Here's a preview:


This is me, holding my contract on the day I signed with my awesomesauce agent, Jennifer Unter. (LOVE HER!) Note the perma-grin above. Totally ridiculous. :)


Until then, I'll leave you with this:
"This is your life, this is your time"
-Snow Patrol, Called Out in The Dark



Thanks for stopping by! :) Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Yay, Lynne! I love the permagrin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jessie and Eliza! :) Thanks for stopping by so early! *hands coffee to Jessie, warm tea to Eliza* *hands out muffins to all* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere! Can't wait to read your Monday post!

    I, too, was a lurker. Actually, I'm still a lurker, but I'm trying to break out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world, my friend! I love this pic.
    I also love the Snow Partrol song/video. This is your life. This IS YOUR TIME!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer,
    Lurk away! :)I still lurk more often than not, but like you, am trying to lurk less & comment more. See you Monday! Love your pirate BTW! :)

    Tonya,
    Thank you sweet friend! Was it just three months ago that we were rocking out with Gary singing these lyrics?! #timeflies ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey - you need a GFC follower button too! I want to follow your blog, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And what an auspicious day to begin blogging! Best of luck to you.
    I had to drop by since you loved my comment over on Stephanie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ha! *cue creepy music*

      So glad you dropped by Andrew! And FWIW, I thought your comment on Stephanie's blog was spot-on. True (and constructive) criticism should always include a discussion of the good. :)

      Happy Friday the 13th!

      Delete
  9. Welcome to the blogging world Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jay!:) So glad I finally jumped in!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so proud of you! You deserve all the good things coming your way!

    ReplyDelete